Out of caution and consideration for the health and safety of our Summit participants and the community at large, we have decided to postpone our in-person MNCodes Summit, originally scheduled for May. Over the next week, we will be processing refunds for Summit registrations. New MNCodes Summit Date - November 14th, 2020 The new date for the MNCodes Summit will be Saturday, November 14th from 8:30am - 4pm at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. An updated Eventbrite will be shared in the coming months. We sincerely hope you will still be able to attend the MNCodes Summit on November 14th, and that you will consider the following digital forms of connection and engagement with the MNCodes network this spring: Connecting Online This Spring Coffee + CS Ed Zoom Check Ins: Join us for a casual chance to connect, check in, share, and troubleshoot during Coffee + CS Ed Zoom sessions, happening on Friday mornings at 8:30am, starting this Friday, 3/27. Feel free to share with others who might be interested! Zoom link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/543978059 May 16th MNCodes [Digital] MeetUp: On Saturday, May 16th we will host a Zoom-based MNCodes [Digital] MeetUp from 9-11am so that our community can come together, connect, share, and collaborate around common topics of interest. This will be a free event and will use a modified unconference format - we will share the link to RSVP in the next week or so! We are grateful to be a part of such a creative and innovative educator community and appreciate all of the collective efforts to bring equitable and engaging learning to all students during this challenging time. Thank you again, and please feel free to reach out with any questions, suggestions or concerns!
March 14, 2020
At Code Savvy, the health and safety of our community is our top priority. We understand that there are heightened concerns surrounding conference attendance and COVID-19. In light of Governor Walz’s recent declaration, we are reviewing the guidelines and policies established by our local community and public health officials as well as agencies such as the World Health Organization, and will follow those guidelines to determine our MNCodes Summit plan.
In the event that we cannot hold the MNCodes Summit in-person on May 16th, we will look into online options for collaborating and sharing, and will also plan an alternative Summit date once the threat from the coronavirus has passed. If we must cancel the Summit, registration fees will be returned.
We will keep you informed as we know more. Thank you for your understanding.